[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5789: Add new Openverse theme for use on the Openverse site (wordpress.org/openverse)

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 24 20:14:27 UTC 2021

#5789: Add new Openverse theme for use on the Openverse site
(wordpress.org/openverse)
--------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  zackkrida           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  WordPress.org Site  |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+--------------------
 This GitHub PR https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress.org/pull/31 adds a
 new theme for the Openverse Project. We will also need to create a new
 companion website visible at wordpress.org/openverse.

 Technical details:

 This theme is a simple wrapper around an iframe, as Openverse has its own
 CI/CD process and is hosted on AWS. We have however taken strides to make
 the iframe as painless and seamless as possible, with bidirectional
 communication between the iframe and containing theme to sync the URL,
 page title, and iframe height.

 Companion PR: https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress.org/pull/31