[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2107: Prevent posting 10k lines of logs in replies, recommend Pastebin or GitHub gists

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 22 00:30:47 UTC 2021

#2107: Prevent posting 10k lines of logs in replies, recommend Pastebin or GitHub
gists
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90         |       Owner:  tellyworth
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:17 Clorith]:
 > I'm not sure if this is needed either, Site Health debug information is
 added to the clipboard, so the user would then need to first save it as a
 file manually, over just pasting it straight away.

 That's reasonable, But I guess I was thinking more that we'd have a
 separate field/request for the site health information, since that doesn't
 actually need to be posted publicly, and some plugins seem to add
 information in there that probably doesn't want to be discovered through a
 search engine.. so just a way to attach "logs" to a post without it being
 part of the editable reply content but also hidden from search
 engines/noindexed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2107#comment:18>