[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2107: Prevent posting 10k lines of logs in replies, recommend Pastebin or GitHub gists

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 19 02:06:00 UTC 2021

#2107: Prevent posting 10k lines of logs in replies, recommend Pastebin or GitHub
gists
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90         |       Owner:  tellyworth
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:29 tobifjellner]:
 > When our system added another couple of backticks beginning and end,
 this "swapped" the appearance so that the initial few lines and the last
 couple of lines in the post got marked as cope, while the long WooCommerce
 status got rendered as normal text.

 I don't see a way around this unfortunately. But yes, I'm guessing as you
 are, that they copied an entire post from elsewhere, came to the right
 place, typed something into the field and then pasted the rest of the post
 that they'd copied.

 If they had pasted it into an empty new post, it wouldn't have triggered.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2107#comment:30>