[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5428: Add return types to docBlock instead of writing mixed and Improve docs for get_transient()

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 8 23:56:00 UTC 2020

#5428: Add return types to docBlock instead of writing mixed and Improve docs for
get_transient()
-----------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  ReneHermi  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by dd32):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Hi :)

 The Codex is a wiki and editable by anyone with a WordPress.org account,
 please feel free to make contributions there to make things clearer.

 Documentation on developer.wordpress.org is managed by several teams
 depending on the section in question, however, for function-level
 documentation like this, it's auto-generated from the PHPDoc in WordPress
 core.

 Some pages that might be of help:
  - [https://make.wordpress.org/docs/handbook/ Documentation team handbook]
  - [https://make.wordpress.org/docs/ The Documentation team P2]
  - [https://make.wordpress.org/docs/handbook/code-reference/inline-
 documentation/ How to submit a Documentation fix]
  - [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/ The Core team handbook]

 Additionally, the above talks about SVN primarily, if GitHub is preferred,
 you can create a https://Core.Trac.WordPress.org/ ticket and then fork/PR
 the changes to https://github.com/wordpress/wordpress-develop instead.

 I'm marking this ticket as `invalid` (we don't have a better status than
 that), as there's nothing actionable here for the meta team, other than to
 redirect you in the correct direction :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5428#comment:1>