[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3540: Add Category Navigation on /theme/ and /plugins/ that Google can follow more efficiently.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 12 22:50:26 UTC 2020

#3540: Add Category Navigation on /theme/ and /plugins/ that Google can follow
more efficiently.
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  mtobar          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  closed
Changes (by coffee2code):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater

Comment:

 Improved discoverability for plugins and themes is certainly something
 that can be improved and something that we can all agree is desirable. How
 to go about doing that is not so straightforward. Requests for a tag cloud
 (here and in #2856) have failed to garner traction (that ticket having
 been closed as maybelater). And now it has been almost 2 years without any
 additional discussion.

 Therefore, as the last remaining unaddressed aspect of this ticket and
 discussion, I'm closing this as maybelater. The topic can revisited once
 someone has more of a plan for how to determine the best way to improve
 discoverability.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3540#comment:14>