[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5094: New .org subdomain to allow for iteration and testing of a remedial program for theme authors

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 17 22:10:55 UTC 2020

#5094: New .org subdomain to allow for iteration and testing of a remedial program
for theme authors
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  carike        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:3 carike]:
 > > it could be added as a pre-requisite for all authors to complete it?
 >
 > The intention is not to require all authors to complete it as outlined
 here :)

 I'm quite aware of the intentions, and I was trying to refocus it in a
 manner which IMHO is nicer and more generic. That doesn't fit very well
 with wanting to improve the overall theme quality, rather it feels like a
 judgement and penalty on specific people which I personally like to avoid
 (But I know is your intention).

 > The Contributor Training page you suggested could work for creating a
 Proof of Concept though.
 If you would only consider it to be a PoC then I don't think it's worth
 looking into.

 > Would you mind outlining / linking to the process to create a new
 course, with new lessons and new questions on https://wordpress.org
 /contributor-training/?
 > Does that require a meta ticket, or is there another process?
 It's based on Sensei, and there isn't a process in place yet to add a new
 lesson plan there. @hlashbrooke might be the best person to speak to
 though.

 > Posting all of the correct answers in a meta ticket doesn't seem like
 the best idea :seenoevil:
 You'll never be able to hide the correct answers, infact, just the
 opposite, the moment you put anything together you'll have guides being
 made which explain how to pass the "test". There's no way around that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5094#comment:4>