[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5100: Replace all instances that matches the OP's domain name as contained in "the link I need help with" in the content of their post and any follow-up posts with "example.com"

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 17 01:56:40 UTC 2020

#5100: Replace all instances that matches the OP's domain name as contained in
"the link I need help with" in the content of their post and any follow-up
posts with "example.com"
----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  carike                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new

Comment (by dufresnesteven):

 What if the URL is only visible to the moderator and whoever posted (when
 they are logged in)? I don't see the need for it ever to be publicly
 available. Visiting those links never help you as the third party. They
 are typically broken by the time you get there anyways.

 Something like a `[Only visible to you]` when they are logged in and a `[
 private link ]` to everyone else.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5100#comment:3>