[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5100: Replace all instances that matches the OP's domain name as contained in "the link I need help with" in the content of their post and any follow-up posts with "example.com"

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 12 21:19:13 UTC 2020

#5100: Replace all instances that matches the OP's domain name as contained in
"the link I need help with" in the content of their post and any follow-up
posts with "example.com"
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  carike          |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:  needs-privacy-review
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Related to https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5093.
 That ticket deals with links that already appear on the forums.
 This ticket hopes to reduce the instance of future requests for the
 removal of links, for the same reasons as outlined in that ticket.

 The proposed solution:
 - Replace any use of the OP's domain name in the post's body, as it is
 displayed in "the link I need help with", with example.com
 - This would apply both to the original post and to any follow-up posts on
 that thread.
 - This would happen at the time that a post in the thread is published /
 updated.
 - In terms of this ticket, "the link I need help with" (which requires
 sign-in) would be preserved in the custom field.