[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5093: Proposal to allow users to remove URLs that they have added to their posts in the support forums

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 12 18:24:16 UTC 2020

#5093: Proposal to allow users to remove URLs that they have added to their posts
in the support forums
----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  carike                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new

Comment (by bcworkz):

 Removing links could still "hinder other users who are looking for answers
 to a similar problem." It also could remove important context that hinders
 followup replies after some time that other users might want to add due to
 recent developments like patches, new features, etc.

 I would support hiding all links from non-logged in users, similar to the
 page I need help with box. Doing so alleviates the need for the box in
 some respects, but leaving it still has some benefits like encouraging
 people to leave a link in the first place.

 It's my perception that most removal requests are for links in topic
 content and not necessarily for the page I need help with box, so hiding
 all links could alleviate most user's objections to leaving links in place
 for all time.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5093#comment:13>