[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5093: Proposal to allow users to remove URLs that they have added to their posts in the support forums

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 10 21:48:31 UTC 2020

#5093: Proposal to allow users to remove URLs that they have added to their posts
in the support forums
----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  carike                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new

Comment (by Howdy_McGee):

 Replying to [comment:6 jonoaldersonwp]:
 > Not keen on blunt date-based dexindexing. Some older posts are useful
 and should be discoverable (often the crux of the "we should never delete
 anything" argument, even when posts are patently not useful)...

 I'm also not a fan of deindexing older threads.

 > If I quote a URL from the OP in one of my replies, is that edited too?

 This will more than likely be a pain point eventually, if it's not already
 one now.

 I don't think we should do too much to the URLs in the question itself.
 The only link that the user should be able to remove once the edit limit
 has expired should probably be the "Link to the page you need help with"
 box.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5093#comment:7>