[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4989: wordpress.org and other sites say username and password are empty after successful login and math test

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 6 03:08:20 UTC 2020

#4989: wordpress.org and other sites say username and password are empty after
successful login and math test
------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  wordgear                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dd32):

 > Why JetPack would "block" me the first time and each subsequent time I
 log into wordpress.org or any other modern WordPress site (5.2.5+) even
 though I just logged into them within the last few weeks... I just think
 you're mistaken that it's intentional.

 Unfortunately I can't answer that for you. You'll need to contact the
 Jetpack Support team. From what I understand, if your IP address has many
 failed logins to WordPress sites, you'll have the experience you currently
 are. It may be that you're using a shared IP address (Some ISPs have proxy
 servers/etc which can affect that, even without customers knowing) in
 which case it could be another ISP customer causing your problems.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4989#comment:11>