[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4989: wordpress.org and other sites say username and password are empty after successful login and math test

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 5 05:25:09 UTC 2020

#4989: wordpress.org and other sites say username and password are empty after
successful login and math test
------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  wordgear                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dd32):

 @wordgear This isn't my "thing" and isn't something that I can "fix" here.
 The Jetpack plugin is a plugin by Automattic, not WordPress.org. I don't
 have a say in how it works, and WordPress can't force it to work in a
 certain way.

 Feel free to follow up on the above Github issue I've made for it if you
 feel strongly about it.

 But yes, the Math problem is NOT a login, it's a block in the event the IP
 address you're logging in from is flagged as not-good by the Jetpack
 Protect system, and that should only happens if your IP address has lots
 of failed login attempts (Or possibly, bad traffic to other things and
 they're using another IP blocklist or some such, I don't know how the
 Jetpack API works).

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4989#comment:9>