[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-friction interaction

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 4 11:47:22 UTC 2020

#4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-
friction interaction
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  bph           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new

Comment (by milana_cap):

 I would have two things at the bottom of every article:

 **1. "Was this article helpful?"** (this is specifically about the content
 in whole, amount of useful information, existence of all steps etc)

     - Yes - does nothing on frontend, it's just for us
     - No - opens textarea and maybe multi-select with "I couldn't get the
 same result" or something similar

 **2. "I found a problem/error"** (this is about one or more specific
 errors found in content)

 When clicked on we show multi-select of the specific options (
 "Screenshots are outdated/incorrect", "Examples are wrong", "There's a
 typo" ..) and text area for further explanation.

 We could add descriptions for both so it's clear what is used for what.

 I also like something like this little widget for linking to forums. We
 could perhaps have custom links to specific topics in forums.

 [[Image(https://nimbusweb.me/box/attachment/3818316/tbfyskavedournsomtzl/tc5WxuTIUOJBrvLa
 /screenshot-confluence.atlassian.com-2020.02.04-12_36_55.png)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4915#comment:20>