[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5162: Display a "welcome" message when a user hasn't submitted a patch or commented before

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 20 17:30:01 UTC 2020

#5162: Display a "welcome" message when a user hasn't submitted a patch or
commented before
-------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Trac         |   Keywords:
 We have a really useful feature on our Trac which shows a message at the
 bottom of a ticket when the ticket is created by a user who is new, IIRC
 if it's only the user's first, second, or third ticket. The message
 reminds the reader to be welcoming to the new user.

 It would be great to have this same functionality for comments and
 patches, too. If a new user creates their first patch and submits it to a
 ticket (which wasn't opened by them), I'd love to know about it so I can
 help guide that user. Same for comments, in case the user is doing some
 testing, etc.