[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4119: Proposal to change the headings hierarchy in the Getting Involved (Make) section

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 16 05:42:58 UTC 2020

#4119: Proposal to change the headings hierarchy in the Getting Involved (Make)
section
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by dufresnesteven):

 >The "There are many different ways for you to get involved with
 WordPress" h2:
 >Either it shouldn't be a heading at all and should be changed to a styled
 paragraph or if it's important to keep it as a h2, then all the headings
 under it should be h2. For the sake of simplicity I'd suggest the first
 option.

 Did you mean everything that comes under should be an `h3`?

 Also, since each of the tiles are wrapped in an `<article>` tag, shouldn't
 the heading be `<h1>`? According to the html5 spec, an `<article>` tag:

  "... represents a self-contained composition in a document, page,
 application, or site and that is, in principle, independently
 distributable or reusable, e.g. in syndication." Ref:
 [https://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-author-20110809/the-article-
 element.html]

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4119#comment:5>