[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4963: Plugin Directory: Show flag or marker to indicate the plugin has been added to BLOCKS category

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 6 19:10:56 UTC 2020

#4963: Plugin Directory: Show flag or marker to indicate the plugin has been added
to BLOCKS category
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Ipstenu           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by Ipstenu):

 yes, we do need to show something.

 > The line would only appear if it's in the blocks section, and the number
 would show the number of blocks discovered in the code.

 Note that the pre-requirement is that the plugin is ''already'' flagged as
 having blocks (this is a category we can set on the backend). So in order
 to have this, we already have had a human say "Yep, at least one block!"
 And in order to highlight "Hey, there are blocks in this here plugin!" we
 want to say ... something?

 Maybe Blocks "TBD" when in the category and un-counted.

 * if in-blocks, then check for count
 * if count gte 1, display block count
 * if count == 0, display nothing
 * if count does not exist (i.e. hasn't been run), display TBD

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4963#comment:4>