[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4747: Feature Request: Expose/promote subchannels using /here by reposting to #core

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 26 01:26:56 UTC 2019

#4747: Feature Request: Expose/promote subchannels using /here by reposting to
#core
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion
 * type:  defect => enhancement

Comment:

 This seems like a good idea to me, and I can see it working well for
 `#meta`.

 I would assume that it would drop the `@``here` part for the 'parent'
 channel and just have the text, or even just have it quote the message
 from the other channel using Slacks message embed functionality.

 If there's any form of buy-in from the `#core` team then lets make this
 happen. I primarily want to make sure that adding this doesn't cause noise
 that is unwanted in the channels.

 Marking this as `2nd-opinion` only to gather extra feedback.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4747#comment:1>