[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4680: The page title structure for 'pages' on Rosetta sites is inconsistent with the main site

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 18 07:13:06 UTC 2019

#4680: The page title structure for 'pages' on Rosetta sites is inconsistent with
the main site
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  jonoaldersonwp                 |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect                         |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by dd32):

 * owner:  (none) => dd32
 * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 The suggestion of `{{NAME}} | WordPress.org ({{COUNTRYCODE}})` doesn't
 really work with our locale setup, primarily since each locale site is NOT
 county specific and locale-codes are not intended to be displayed to an
 end-user.

 I've gone with `{{NAME}} | WordPress.org {{Locale Name}}` where Locale
 Name is set by each locales blog title.

 It looks like the Rosetta Forum titles aren't being filtered though, so
 that'll need to be fixed up too.
 The Theme Directory title is also not respecting the new title structure
 (no surprise there) so that'll need to be fixed too.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4680#comment:1>