[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4752: Changelog not consistent between WordPress Admin and WP.org directory & Stable translations not updated

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 2 07:39:08 UTC 2019

#4752: Changelog not consistent between WordPress Admin and WP.org directory &
Stable translations not updated
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  imath             |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect            |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugin Directory  |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------
 Hi,

 Since this commit [https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2166042
 2166042] for the BuddyPress 5.0.0 upgrade:

 1. I've noticed the changelog displayed within the `site.url/wp-
 admin/plugins.php` admin page into a Thickbox window once you click on the
 BuddyPress plugin details link wasn't consistent with the one displayed
 into the [https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress/#developers WP.org
 directory plugin's page]. See the screen capture below.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/Z14FZ6z6R4.png)]]

 2. I know I already asked about this trouble in a previous ticket, so
 sorry to ask again, I guess I have understanding difficulties :( and I
 haven't found anything into the Plugins handbook or the Polyglots handbook
 about how to be sure strings translated into the development part of
 GlotPress are successfully replacing the one in the stable part. As it has
 failed once again (see screen capture below), I guess I did something
 wrong again.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/TA3eHi_1ET.png)]]

 We wrote a process to publish a new tag on the plugins repository of
 BuddyPress. As I've followed it, I think it would save us time if I could
 update the process with what has to be done to be 100% sure we are not
 doing it wrong.

 Currently our process is:
 - update trunk with new tag
 - edit stable tag in trunk/readme.txt to previous version (to check
 everything went well once the tag is created)
 - `svn cp trunk tags/tag`
 - edit stable tag in tags/tag/readme.txt to the new version
 - commit
 - download and test the tag
 - edit stable tag in trunk/readme.txt to the new version
 - commit.

 Thanks in advance for your help.