[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4339: Add support for Jetpack's Content Options to enable featured images in CampSite theme

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 26 20:53:43 UTC 2019

#4339: Add support for Jetpack's Content Options to enable featured images in
CampSite theme
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  ryelle                   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
Component:  WordCamp Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:
 Currently, featured images are enabled but not shown on any posts or page
 on sites using the CampSite 2017 base theme. This is related to #3645, but
 more general- I'd like to see featured content on posts & pages (for
 WordCamp US).

 On #3645, @melchoyce suggested we use Jetpack's Content Options to allow
 turning on/off the featured image. We can do that, and default the images
 to "off". This will prevent current sites from suddenly having featured
 images, but will let sites that want to use them to turn them on.