[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4236: Support: In short guidelines for review writing, mention that links aren't tolerated

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 5 16:32:26 UTC 2019

#4236: Support: In short guidelines for review writing, mention that links aren't
tolerated
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  tobifjellner    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by jdembowski):

 Replying to [comment:8 Howdy_McGee]:
 > Would it be possible to check for links before allowing the user to
 submit or update reviews and spit out a message to the user?

 That's technically possible but I don't think it's necessary. Out of 1,200
 reviews I get between 1 to 5 reviews with links.

 ''*Does quick maths*''

 Aren't numbers wonderful? That's nothing. ;) I don't think this needs
 overthinking. Just a sentence or two on the review submission form should
 do it. The primary reason this comes up is when a plugin or theme author
 asks. The reviewer hardly ever asks.

 I know to the plugin or theme author feel that the reviews belong to them
 and are hard won, but they are for the community and don't belong to them.
 Hard won, yes. Owned by them? No.

 They're not owned by me either but forum moderators do their tasks and
 reviews are part of that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4236#comment:9>