[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4224: Can we provide a Data Export Request form/page similar to the Data Erasure Request form/page

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 18 23:36:48 UTC 2019

#4224: Can we provide a Data Export Request form/page similar to the Data Erasure
Request form/page
-------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:   => close 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Thanks to @tellyworth The Data Export Request is now available here -
 https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/data-export-request/

 And linked from the Privacy Policy - https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/
 > If you would like to request access to your account data, please follow
 these steps:
 > 1. Visit https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/data-export-request/.
 > 2. Enter your email address.
 > 3. Click “Accept Declaration and Request Export”.
 > Note: If you have a WP.org account, it’s recommended you log in before
 submitting to associate your account with the request.
 Relevant Ticket - #4528

 I was going to close but just wanted to check and see if I should spawn a
 new ticket for this portion of the request;
 > Aside from the above approach or in tandem the export and erase requests
 could be made via a button in the wp.org user profile. This approach would
 mitigate spam requests as the user would already be logged in to make the
 request.
 * This portion is related to a discussion and request in Core to introduce
 a means to make these privacy requests from the user profile. Related Core
 ticket - https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43437

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4224#comment:4>