[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #200: "Download WordPress" button in header feels like a submit button for the search bar

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 7 22:10:55 UTC 2019

#200: "Download WordPress" button in header feels like a submit button for the
search bar
----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  melchoyce             |       Owner:  obenland
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:22 obenland]:
 > With the ongoing work in #3673 we should probably avoid changing the
 function of the button. What do you think about renaming it to "Get
 WordPress", and avoid the whole download confusion all together?

 The confusion was about the download button looking like a submit button
 for the search bar, I don't see how changing "Download WordPress" to "Get
 WordPress" resolves that.

 I'm fine with closing the ticket as `wontfix` or `maybelater`, I just
 don't think [7530] was the right fix for this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/200#comment:25>