[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4576: Support Forums: Add Thread Notes for Moderators and Plugin/Theme Support Role

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 2 16:13:51 UTC 2019

#4576: Support Forums: Add Thread Notes for Moderators and Plugin/Theme Support
Role
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  macmanx         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:
----------------------------+--------------------
 The availability of thread notes is currently one of the biggest things
 separating managing support here vs elsewhere. They can be immensely
 helpful for situations where more than one person may be involved in a
 thread, such as the moderators needing to watch a particular situation, or
 plugin/theme shops that have multiple support employees.

 The User Notes have been nearly life-changing for the moderators, and I
 suspect this will have a similar impact going forward.

 As far as implementation goes, I'm not thinking of anything fancy, just a
 text field either at the top or bottom of the thread that is only viewable
 to moderators and plugin/theme support personnel (in their own forums, of
 course).