[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4058: Auto-notifier of new local WordCamp site to old local WordCamp site subscribers

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 16 23:43:14 UTC 2019

#4058: Auto-notifier of new local WordCamp site to old local WordCamp site
subscribers
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  camikaos                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * type:  defect => enhancement

Comment:

 In Canada due to the CASL regulations it would have to be the old site
 that sent the notification prompting them to subscribe to the new
 site/list. I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is it would be prohibited
 to just export/import that list to the new site and sent the notification
 from there. I think it's a great way to gain exposure for the new site, I
 mainly wanted to flag the liability to make sure the notification is sent
 by the original site/list and not from the new one.
 Cheers

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4058#comment:1>