[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4180: SVG icons for plugins are always downloaded, despite image/svg+xml mime-type

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 16 12:18:42 UTC 2019

#4180: SVG icons for plugins are always downloaded, despite image/svg+xml mime-
type
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |   Keywords:  needs-patch
 I've added an SVG icon to a plugin of mine
 (https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/user-switching/assets/icon.svg). The
 file always gets downloaded in the browser when viewed directly at its
 URL.

 I've set the mime type (via the `svn:mime-type` property) to
 `image/svg+xml` but it has no effect. I suspect this might be a server
 level configuration that needs changing so SVGs can be served without
 being downloaded.