[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4027: Support posts which have been closed to replies, and have no replies, should be noindex'd

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 2 20:07:59 UTC 2019

#4027: Support posts which have been closed to replies, and have no replies,
should be noindex'd
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  jonoaldersonwp  |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by joostdevalk):

 Been thinking about this. Lengthening the wait period gives us more pages
 in Google's index and thus potentially more chance to rank. At the same
 time we don't want to make it indefinite, as old content will no longer be
 useful. So, weighing all that, I'd like to propose adding a noindex 3
 years after a topic's last activity, if the topic has replies. Topics
 without replies can still be noindex immediately.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4027#comment:11>