[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-friction interaction

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 16 22:35:09 UTC 2019

#4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-
friction interaction
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  bph          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by milana_cap):

 I like the idea of possibility to leave feedback exactly where you spot
 the error. The more places you have to go to - the lesser chance you're
 going to leave feedback. So the simplicity is crucial here.

 I wouldn't go with Jetpack feedback form because implementation would take
 a lot of time, much more than adding support to CPT (to add form/reusable
 block to each article) and connection between comments and posts is much
 more intuitive for what we need.

 Comments can be turned off/on per post so that's solved as well.

 Comments functionality can be implemented very quickly, with custom
 wording as well. In fact, I'd rather add sidebar area to the post template
 and then keep the content inside of widget, than adding reusable block to
 every post.

 Another thing we need to check is how will this effect HelpHub plugin on
 Rosetta sites. It would be great to get some input on this from #meta team
 (@sergey, @netweb, @tellyworth, @obenland)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4915#comment:3>