[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4333: Forum support profile pages should canonise to the profiles subdomain version

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 10 17:17:10 UTC 2019

#4333: Forum support profile pages should canonise to the profiles subdomain
version
----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  jonoaldersonwp  |       Owner:  coffee2code
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  closed
Changes (by coffee2code):

 * status:  accepted => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [dotorg-14980] though to a different target for the redirect.

 In my original response to this thread I didn't realize you were referring
 to the bbPress 1.x forums since I already had this redirect in place for
 myself from earlier. But my explanation provided there still holds: the
 forums profile and the w.org profile are currently two different profiles
 (until they eventually get unified). In the meantime, the new forum
 profile is more the current equivalent for the old forum profile than the
 w.org profile. As such, I've redirected the old forum profile to the new
 forum profile.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4333#comment:8>