[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3794: Using the locale switcher on login.wordpress.org loses original redirect_to value

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 6 22:23:26 UTC 2018

#3794: Using the locale switcher on login.wordpress.org loses original redirect_to
value
------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:7 joyously]:
 > Would this apply to the Handbook pages also?
 > If I'm in Gutenberg Handbook and then log in, it redirected to
 Frontenberg.
 > I was on https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/handbook/extensibility/theme-
 support/
 > and it took me to https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/

 Taking a quick looks it's slightly unrelated but still an issue so I've
 reopened this for @Otto42 to look at.

 This issue is specific to the actual 'Log In' button on those sites as
 it's providing a redirect_to param on the URL that's truncated and doesn't
 hold the full URL.

 For instance your example -
 https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/handbook/extensibility/theme-support/
 The URL on the login for this page has -
 https://login.wordpress.org/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwordpress.org%2Fgutenberg%2F&locale=en_US

 Another example is - https://wordpress.org/about/
 The URL on the login for this page has -
 https://login.wordpress.org/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwordpress.org%2F&locale=en_US

 As to your logout issue;
 > Actually, the logout also takes me to the profile page (after verifying
 I want to log out).
 I can't seem to reproduce that, for me it just logs out without needing to
 verify and returns to the original page.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3794#comment:9>