[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3790: Add language setting for plugin owners and make them PTE for their own plugins/themes automatically

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 4 07:05:43 UTC 2018

#3790: Add language setting for plugin owners and make them PTE for their own
plugins/themes automatically
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  daveshine         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new

Comment (by audrasjb):

 Hello,

 In my opinion, the main issue is that the fact of being native of a
 language doesn't provides any guarantee that the person will follow the
 translation guidelines of his Localeā€¦ so automatic PTE is not a good thing
 in many case: translators have to follow some guidelines to get PTE
 status, and it has to be checked by local polyglots teams.

 Of course, when people are already PTE for some projects, we often grant
 them PTE status directly when they ask :)

 Cheers,

 Jb

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3790#comment:4>