[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3790: Add language setting for plugin owners and make them PTE for their own plugins/themes automatically

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 3 21:34:23 UTC 2018

#3790: Add language setting for plugin owners and make them PTE for their own
plugins/themes automatically
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  daveshine         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect            |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugin Directory  |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------
 It would be an improvement to have a language setting on the user profile
 for each WordPress.org user who is a plugin and/or a theme author.

 This should be for his/her native language (mother tongue).

 When this language field is set to a language/locale the author
 automatically becomes PTE for all his plugins and/or themes on .org for
 this one specified locale.

 This would save the whole cumbersome process of PTE requests for one's own
 plugins/themes and his/her own native language.

 Maybe this could also be extended to a second language as there are a lot
 of people who speak two languages fluently or were raised bilingual. Or a
 system with a primary and a secondary language.

 My personal example:
 I would set "German" as my native language (my mother tongue) which has
 these 2 locales included: de_DE and de_DE_formal. And I would
 automaticcally be the PTE for all my plugins for this language including
 these 2 locales.