[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3655: Remove twitter, facebook and google plus scripts from https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 22 23:51:58 UTC 2018

#3655: Remove twitter, facebook and google plus scripts from
https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  allendav     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by allendav):

 @iandunn wrote:

 >  Is there any good reason to embed FB/Twitter JavaScript on the site,
 instead of just using "intent" links? I've always preferred intent links
 because they're simpler, don't take up extra bandwidth, have zero memory
 footprint, don't rely on external services, etc.

 By "intent" links do you mean the plain vanilla, do-not-incorporate-third-
 party-scripts, "Icon & Text", "Icon Only" or "Text Only" style links?

 The downside is we lose that little "X people liked this" count for the
 service - the upside is our users' privacy is preserved and users that
 want to can still like/tweet the page.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3655#comment:17>