[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3880: Allow redefining or augmenting information in the "INTERESTED IN DEVELOPMENT?" section

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 22 19:22:33 UTC 2018

#3880: Allow redefining or augmenting information in the "INTERESTED IN
DEVELOPMENT?" section
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  jtsternberg       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect            |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugin Directory  |   Keywords:  ux-feedback
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Currently:
 Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the
 development log by email or RSS.

 We should really be able to override this text and these links since:
 - Development is almost always on Github
 - Github's code-browsing features are more intuitive and familiar to most
 developers
 - Github provides it's own methods for subscribing to development progress
 - Github provides it's own contribution documentation recommendation
 through the CONTRIBUTING.md -- we should be able to link to that here.

 Unfortunately, I think most people are trained to ignore that section, and
 instead look in the readme sections for contribution information, but it
 seems obvious we should make this section more realistic, intuitive, and
 configurable by plugin authors. And if not configurable, at least
 providing the ability to add more text below it by way of another readme
 section.