[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the package

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 5 14:47:47 UTC 2018

#3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the
package
-------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  miyauchi                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by miyauchi):

 I saw an announcement WP Multibyte Patch will be removed on WordPess 5.0
 without any improvements.
 https://ja.wordpress.org/2018/11/04/things-to-know-before-using-
 wordpress-5-0/

 Actually, I know tickets related on WP Multibyte Patch were moved to
 milestone 5.1.
 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13oGbc7AqEN6OUvmze-
 JDCKXDdruFqsxqSAdI7-b6Lho/edit#gid=0

 I can't understand why Japanese team decides to remove this pugin from
 Japanese package at the next major release.

 I am thinking the plugin should be removed in the near future.
 But I believe we should keep compatibility for Japanese package, for
 example, excerpt length or so.

 I am hoping that there are chance to have discussion about it.
 And I want Japanese team to explain why WP Multibyte Patch should be
 removed at WordPress 5.0 without any improvements?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3163#comment:24>