[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3876: Update wporg-gp-customizations to generate translation files for each JS file.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 1 16:02:10 UTC 2018

#3876: Update wporg-gp-customizations to generate translation files for each JS
file.
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  herregroen                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new

Comment (by herregroen):

 @ocean90 Just updated the patch to expand the language-pack command to
 also generate packs for core as is done for plugins and themes.

 I think I have everything in the correct format to match
 https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/ but could really use a second pair of
 eyes.

 `$GP_VER` would be passed as the `$slug`. `$GP_LOCALE` as
 `--locale=$GP_LOCALE`. `$GP_TS_SLUG` as `--locale-slug=$GP_TS_SLUG`.
 Status is always `current`.

 The `build_language_packs` function does update SVN, but considering the
 files are there I've left this in place for core as I imagine there's
 another shell script that does this already which could be replaced like
 this. Let me know if the process here is different and I can add an
 exception.

 Filtering on `$GP_TS_SLUG` will only happen if `$GP_LOCALE` is passed,
 same as for plugins and themes.

 All translation entries are now added to the PO file. I've chosen to keep
 this consistent between core, plugins and themes but can add an exception
 if desirable.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3876#comment:17>