[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3646: Automate WordCamp attendee allergy and special-accommodations reminder fwd:s

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 28 08:28:31 UTC 2018

#3646: Automate WordCamp attendee allergy and special-accommodations reminder
fwd:s
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  sippis                   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
Component:  WordCamp Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 New fields for life-threatening allergy and special-accommodations were
 added to WC ticket registration about two months ago. When attendee
 selects one of the boxes, an automated email to organizers is sent. The
 same(?) email is also sent to support at wordcamp.org for the record and to
 be forwarded to organizer team as a notification/check-in. These fields,
 notifications and check-ins are awesome!
 (https://make.wordpress.org/community/2018/03/28/new-wordcamp-ticket-
 registration-fields/)

 Sending the notification/check-in forward to the team from
 support at wordcamp.org HelpScout is a manual job for the time being. I am
 thinking if we could automate this "brainless task" with HS Workflow
 (https://docs.helpscout.net/article/22-using-workflows), so that it
 wouldn't take deputies time.

 Emails sent by camptix comes from wordpress at year.city.wordcamp.org which
 are not working addresses, so we cant use those to make HS Workflow.

 At least these two possible solutions did come to my mind:

 1) Add support at wordcamp.org to recipients of original email, so we can
 reply to it (assuming that address or organizer is not bcc)
 2) Change the "From" address of notification to working address of the WC
 (city at wordcamp.org)