[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3655: Could we not run twitter, facebook and google plus trackers on https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/ please

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 6 18:09:37 UTC 2018

#3655: Could we not run twitter, facebook and google plus trackers on
https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/ please
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  allendav     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by Otto42):

 We don't run "trackers" on that page, we run the various like and tweet
 buttons in the footer of every page on WordPress.org.

 So, if you want to get into a discussion about removing them from the
 footer, then you'd do best to not refer to them as "trackers" since not
 everybody agrees with you on the privacy implications of such buttons.

 That includes me, and because of your wording, my vote for this ticket is
 -1.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3655#comment:2>