[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3540: Add Category Navigation on /theme/ and /plugins/ that Google can follow more efficiently.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 13 23:52:40 UTC 2018

#3540: Add Category Navigation on /theme/ and /plugins/ that Google can follow
more efficiently.
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  mtobar          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by obenland):

 With a sitemap there wouldn't be a need to link to tags, we could just
 link to every plugin directly.

 After I made my comment I tried to find out how hard it would be to add a
 sitemap, so I activated Jetpack's sitemap feature. At the time only pages
 were included and it didn't have built-in support for custom post types.
 It seems like someone added `plugin` to that list though:

 https://wordpress.org/plugins/sitemap.xml

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3540#comment:6>