[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4016: Allow plugins and themes to specify an external URL for the "Development" section

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 20 01:50:37 UTC 2018

#4016: Allow plugins and themes to specify an external URL for the "Development"
section
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 Personally I'm actually a +1 for this, as I often have to google to figure
 out where a plugins main development occurs. I'd love there to be a handy
 `This plugin is primarily developed on _Github at dd32/my-plugin_` link.

 I would even be happy with it being locked down to a whitelisted set of
 domains of code providers we recognise as legitimate (and if someone wants
 to use a different one, they can Meta patch it..) to avoid the spammy
 repercussions of random links.
 It would likely also aid in plugin review as then you can see exactly what
 the change history is for some plugin where each commit is hundreds of
 changes rolled into one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4016#comment:2>