[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3764: Denote the projects that are 'not properly prepared for localization' on their intro block

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 17 17:15:29 UTC 2018

#3764: Denote the projects that are 'not properly prepared for localization' on
their intro block
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by garrett-eclipse):

 Replying to [comment:1 casiepa]:
 > To be honest, I would prefwr to approach this in the opposite, positive
 way. So adding e.g. the polyglots icon when translation is possible.
 Having an extra icon in the list might give plugin authors a push to make
 their plugin i18n ready.

 Thanks @casiepa, sadly I'm not sure what icons you're speaking of as
 there's none present on translate.wordpress.org for projects. Are you
 speaking on actual plugin author bios as that would be unrelated to my
 request.

 I would normally agree a positive method is preferred, but as the
 translate instance is primarily for translators and assisting them it's
 less front-facing like the actual plugin repository so the tools should be
 geared towards assisting translators. As such I feel it would be greatly
 helpful to translators to flag to them the not prepared projects so they
 can be avoided.

 The push to prompt plugin authors to make their plugins i18n ready I feel
 is separate from this topic but I still feel is an important one that can
 be investigated seperately.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3764#comment:2>