[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3583: Make slack url translatable in the warning for posts held for moderation after 96 hours

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 18 14:22:57 UTC 2018

#3583: Make slack url translatable in the warning for posts held for moderation
after 96 hours
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  felipeelia      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion
----------------------------+-------------------------
 When a post is held for moderation we currently inform users that it will
 be reviewed. After 96 hours that message changes to another version, with
 a link to #forums slack channel as seen
 [https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/wordpress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/pub/wporg-forums/functions.php?marks=262#L262 here].

 Although this message is actually never showed in the internacional forum
 (posts are never hold that time long), in more silent local forums it can
 happen. So making the url translatable could point users to local slack
 instances. That way we could reduce chances of users going to the
 international slack when there is a more appropriate place to ask for
 help.

 p.s.: In Brazilian forums we ended up translating that just assigning the
 placeholder to another attribute, as can be seen
 [https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/meta/forums/pt-
 br/default?filters%5Bstatus%5D=either&filters%5Boriginal_id%5D=3477395&filters%5Btranslation_id%5D=54751180
 here], but IMHO making the url translatable is the right thing to do here.