[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the package

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 27 15:17:35 UTC 2017

#3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the
package
-------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  miyauchi                       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by mayukojpn):

 Is it possible to support all package which build manually right now? As
 mentioned in https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29664#comment:1 some
 of them rewrites core files.

 Here is the list which I heard from @ocean90 who use manual build and I
 checked and added where they changed:

 ||=Locale=||=SVN Repository=||=Type=||
 || my_MM        || https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/my_MM/        ||-
 Several css/js file replacement in WP core [[br]] - Additional css/php
 files in `/wp-content/languages/`||
 || ja                   || https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/ja/           ||
 single plugin        ||
 || fa_IR                || https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/fa_IR/
 || single plugin        ||
 || sr_RS                || https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/sr_RS/        ||
 single plugin        ||
 || hu_HU                || https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/hu_HU/        ||
 single plugin        ||
 || zh_CN                || https://i18n.svn.wordpress.org/zh_CN/        ||
 Additional css/js/php files in `/wp-content/languages/`      ||

 Replying to [comment:9 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Depending on the changes, it might actually happen sooner than changing
 the build process :) I'd suggest starting with creating a better inline
 documentation for the Multibyte Patch plugin, re-evaluating its features
 to see which ones are still necessary, and creating a Core Trac ticket to
 merge them.

 Though the author of the multibyte plugin is busy right now that I saw on
 Japanese mailing list, he pointed out at least those ticket should be
 fixed before we start talking about if we merge plugin or not.

 - https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27733
 - https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22692

 I think we should slow down and wait his idea of solution since there are
 very few people who understand deeply about multibyte issues. I saw his
 talk https://wordpress.tv/2015/11/23/seisuke-kuraishi-wordpress-locale-
 mechanism/ but it was too difficult for me! 😭

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3163#comment:10>