[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the package

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 27 07:39:47 UTC 2017

#3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the
package
-------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  miyauchi                       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by ShinichiN):

 Replying to [comment:7 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Replying to [comment:5 dd32]:
 > > I'd love to see another round of
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19603 with a focus on the multibyte
 plugin, eliminating as much of it as possible, etc.

 > I'd love to see that as well, for Japanese and perhaps other "complex"
 locales. That's what I suggested in #polyglots, instead of changing the
 package release process.

 I'd also love to see that happen, but I think the inclusion of custom
 plugin should happen sooner. I'd imagine that merging multibyte patches
 functions into core could take a long time.

 While Japanese package is not ready after security releases, security
 issues in old minor version remain until the ja version gets manual tests,
 build, and shipping. I want the Japanese packages built as quick as the
 other languages can be.

 Can we separate these two issues for now?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3163#comment:8>