[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the package

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 26 20:44:05 UTC 2017

#3163: Automated release packages should support including custom plugins in the
package
-------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  miyauchi                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by Nao):

 As a Japanese GTE/locale manager, I'd support this change.

 We are manually packaging JA releases only because we want to make sure
 all new installs have the WP Multybite Patch plugin included. Other than
 that, JA package only has minor modifications (translated readme & wp-
 config-sample.php).

 As @atachibana said the manual work can delay the release process even
 after the translation is 100% completed and I would much rather move away
 from it if we can.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3163#comment:3>