[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3201: Improve CampTix 'Notify' function, including adding auto-save and an Editor-style email composition

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 17 18:37:27 UTC 2017

#3201: Improve CampTix 'Notify' function, including adding auto-save and an
Editor-style email composition
----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  alicestill                  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new
Changes (by iandunn):

 * keywords:   => good-first-bug needs-patch

Comment:

 +1, these are great ideas.

 > 2. An easy to use, Editor-style email composition

 That would definitely be a better UX. We do need to be careful about
 including HTML in emails, since mail clients  generally have very poor
 support for it, so it'd be easy to create something that is displayed
 wrong after its sent. We might want to prevent the `div` tag and any
 inline CSS.

 That prevents a problem, though, if the preview doesn't match the final
 content. There might be an existing TinyMCE config value or plugin that
 allows us to limit the markup used on the client side, so that it matches
 the sanitation rules on the server side.

 > 3. Ability to view sent emails.

 This already exists for network admins, so it'd probably be very easy to
 allow it for site admins/editors too.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3201#comment:1>