[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2977: wordpress.org and locale such as en-gb, en-ca and en-au ranking doesn't match

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 5 12:44:55 UTC 2017

#2977: wordpress.org and locale such as en-gb, en-ca and en-au ranking doesn't
match
------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  agilelogix        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new

Comment (by zodiac1978):

 I was wondering about this search issue as well.
 The ranking is totally different between international and local (e.g.
 German) directories.

 For example the plugin “Advanced Ads” is not on the first page here:
 https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/search/adsense/
 but here on 5th place:
 https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/adsense/

 Although it is the only one with a German translation, which is contrary
 to the the assumption from @SergeyBiryukov that this should have a
 positive effect.

 If I search for translated text from the readme it doesn’t find the plugin
 at all:
 https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/search/anzeigentypen/
 or
 https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/search/anzeigen/

 Seems to be a bigger problem with non-US directories and ranking in
 general.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2977#comment:5>