[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3272: Attempt to route support requests to forums on https://make.wordpress.org/chat/

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 17 15:01:45 UTC 2017

#3272: Attempt to route support requests to forums on
https://make.wordpress.org/chat/
-------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  RMarks       |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Slack & IRC  |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-----------------
 I monitor the #slackhelp channel on Slack and try to direct users looking
 for a channel or support to the right channel or the forums.  Evevitably,
 users end up in Slack looking for support.

 I wonder if a change could be make to https://make.wordpress.org/chat/
 such that we ask the user what part of the WordPress project they're
 interested in contributing to.  One of the options in the list would be
 asking for help / receiving support.  If this option were selected, we'd
 try to direct the user to the forums or IRC before seeing a link to create
 a Slack account.

 I'm interested to hear others thoughts on this.