[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2642: Better boosting for phrase matches (or add support for the user to specify a phrase)

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 16 02:52:55 UTC 2017

#2642: Better boosting for phrase matches (or add support for the user to specify
a phrase)
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gibrown           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by gsexton):

 I'm seeing cases where search relevancy is overwhelmed by large numbers of
 downloads. For example, if you search for the single word "calendar",
 JetPack is listed in the results of page 1. I looked at the readme.txt
 file and found that it contains that keyword exactly one time. Evidently,
 it's massive installed base overwhelms many plugins that from a straight
 textual analysis are vastly more relevant.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2642#comment:27>