[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2858: I just posted a question in a support forum, only to see my EMAIL ADDRESS as the 'USERNAME' & there is no option to delete my post either. - MAJOR SECURITY FLAW

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 18 10:00:13 UTC 2017

#2858: I just posted a question in a support forum, only to see my EMAIL ADDRESS
as the 'USERNAME' & there is no option to delete my post either. - MAJOR
SECURITY FLAW
----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  cooljen@…       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Clorith):

 * keywords:
     dev-feedback needs-codex needs-docs needs-testing ui-feedback ux-
     feedback
     =>
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Hi there,

 WordPress does not view email addresses as sensitive information in the
 manner you are relating it to (chances are you already hand this out on a
 daily basis to numerous people), but you can easily
 [https://wordpress.org/support/users/cooljenmsncom/edit/ change your own
 display name] just like you would in your own WordPress install.

 As for the prompt, this is only a login screen (as of WordPress 4.5
 logging in using an email address is supported), and does not relate to
 what name is displayed anywhere.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2858#comment:3>